Yuasa Battery, Inc. Limited Warranty
The “Warrantor” warrants that if, due to defects in materials or workmanship, the battery covered by this warranty should fail to hold a charge within 6 months after the date of purchase (thirty (30) days if such failure is due to sulfation) it will be repaired or replaced, at the Warrantor’s sole option, at the dealer where the battery was purchased. The liability of the Warrantor hereunder shall be limited to, and the owner’s sole remedy shall be, such repair or replacement. The Warrantor shall not be responsible for costs of installation. This warranty is extended to the original consumer purchaser only and is not transferable. This warranty applies only to replacement Yuasa motorcycle batteries used in non-commercial motorcycles and powersports vehicles distributed by the Warrantor or sold by its authorized dealers within the United States after April 1, 1980, and shall remain in effect only so long as the battery continues to be in the original vehicle.
The Warranty reserves the right to verify the existence of a manufacturing defect through inspection by an authorized representative of the Warrantor.
This Warranty Does Not Apply:
- To defects caused by misused, abuse, accidents, or negligence including, but not limited to, freezing, fire, wreckage, or explosion.
- To broken container (case), covers or post(s).
- To defects caused by use of electrolyte other than as recommended by the manufacturer.
- When the manufacturer’s code markings have been obliterated or effaced.
- If the battery is of an electrical size smaller than that specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- To defects or damage caused by improper installation.
- To defects caused by the lack of improper charging.
This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other express warranties. No representative, employee, or agent of the Warrantor, or any other person, is authorized to assume any other responsibility with respect to the battery covered by this warranty or to alter, extend, modify or amend this warranty in any way whatsoever. All implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of condition, design, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose or any other matter shall be limited in duration to the duration of this limited warranty. The Warrantor shall not be responsible for or pay for the cost of any inconvenience, property damage or other incidental, indirect or consequential damages caused by the battery covered by this warranty, whether due to defect, negligence of the Warrantor or otherwise. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. If you wish to make a claim under this warranty, you must take the following steps:
- Return the battery covered by this warranty to the dealer from whom it was purchased prior to the expiration of this warranty together with this warranty and reasonable proof of purchase and the date of purchase.
- If corrective action is not taken promptly by your dealer, give written notice of your claim, accompanied by a copy of this warranty, reasonable proof of purchase and the date of purchase and the name of the dealer from whom the battery was purchased, to:
Yuasa Battery, Inc. • Attn: Customer Service • 2901 Montrose Ave • Reading, PA 19605 • 1-866-431-4784 • yuasabatteries.com