It’s easier than you think to buy the wrong battery for you powersports vehicle. Unless your current battery is the original equipment, you’re taking a chance by not double checking before you purchase the new battery. Here are a few general rules you should know before selecting the right vehicle battery:
Don’t Change Battery Types
- Don’t use an AGM battery in the place of a Conventional battery unless you are sure your vehicle’s charging system can handle it
- Don’t replace an AGM battery with another battery type without checking the Yuasa Application guide
Choose Performance Wisely
- When given the choice of several different batteries for your vehicle, choose the one that will best suit your performance needs
- Batteries with higher cranking amps will operate better at colder temperatures than comparable batteries with lower cranking amps (for example: YTX20HL vs YTX20L) but will often come at a higher cost.
For Conventional Batteries Only
- If the battery in your vehicle is equipped with a sensor, replace the sensor at the same time you change the battery
Each Yuasa battery family has its own unique features and benefits that account for differences in price and performance.